Aug 9, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (4)


Teaser Tuesday is weekly meme hosted by Mizb at Should be Reading 
Grab your current read 
Open to a random page 
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
This week I am reading:
 

"I thought of the headmaster's speech. A black bullwhip unfurled from her hand, and I remembered. She was here to teach me pain."
pg. 83

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When Annelise meets dark and seductive Ronan, he promises her a new life-if she has the courage to chance the unknown. Now, she's whisked away to a mysterious island and pitted against other female recruits to become a Watcher-girls who are partnered with vampires and assist them in their missions. To survive and become a Watcher, Annelise has to beat out every other girl, but she's determined to do so, because to fail doesn't mean dishonor-it means death.

Publication date: 9.6.2011
 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good book. I'll have to check it out. Vampires are another one of my weaknesses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's really cool. It's not like any other vampire novel I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very dark and painful! Nice teaser, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adds a whole new meaning to fail! Good teaser.

    Here's mine: http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-8-9-11.html

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!