Jun 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (4)


"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking  the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
This week I'm waiting on....
 
 
 
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson.  Where do I start? If the cover art doesn't do it for you (I swear Harper has some of the prettiest covers), then the plot has to at least pique your interest! Also? Thank God Elisa isn't another sleek, slender blonde who kicks butt on a daily basis. Sounds like this is a real girl with an imperfect body - something teens reading this need to see. It's totally OK to not be stick thin and you can still rock.
 
Here's the Goodreads blurb:
 
Once a century, one person is chosen for greatness.

Elisa is the chosen one.

But she is also the younger of two princesses, the one who has never done anything remarkable. She can’t see how she ever will.

Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs the chosen one, not a failure of a princess.

And he’s not the only one who seeks her. Savage enemies seething with dark magic are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people’s savior. And he looks at her in a way that no man has ever looked at her before. Soon it is not just her life, but her very heart that is at stake.

Elisa could be everything to those who need her most. If the prophecy is fulfilled. If she finds the power deep within herself. If she doesn’t die young.

Most of the chosen do. 
 
The Girl of Fire and Thorns will be released 9.20.2011 by Greenwillow/HarperCollins

5 comments:

  1. This one is also on my to-read list :). Sadly, I haven't read anything by Tamora Pierce, but I've noticed that the books she's recommended have been some of my favorites. Plus, this just sounds like something I'd like. Also, I agree - the cover is beautiful and Harper does a great job most of the times.
    -Christina Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have had this one on my TBR for awhile as it's (only!) number 50. It just sounds so fabulous, I might have to pre-order this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just wanted to stop by, check out your blog, and say thanks for following. Following back! : )

    This is a great WoW, I can't wait for this one either, and the cover is freaking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this sounds great! I can't believe I haven't heard of it, I shall have to get this!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!